Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tomorrow


Today is a new day. We are up and ready to go. Most likely we are in a rush, trying to be somewhere else. The mysteries unfold as we approach our destination. And strangely enough, we are worried about tomorrow.

There are so many thoughts on my mind and I am busy wondering about moments that have yet to occur. I am passing obstacles, attempting to beat the clock.  I am anything but still. I am anywhere but here, mentally at least.

We are so consumed by our everyday responsibilities and the things we must do tomorrow and the day after that. Everything around us is so distracting and more times, often than not, our thoughts are farther ahead of us than we are. What if I could be in Hawaii? What if I was driving across country with no deadlines? What if I were sitting atop the ocean with nothing else to do? Reality check folks, your not there, you are here!

Instead of filling our thoughts with many questions and images of places we'd rather be, why not focus on our current reality? We should be grateful for what is around us. Take a breather, and recognize that our surrounding environment can help us achieve our dreams and can help us to be content in the Now. For everything we do is really a means to an end. If I am here, there is no doubt, that it is for a reason. I'd like to think that this reason is to bring me closer to what I truly want in life.

Be positive, think of how you can make today the best it possibly can be, and smile in the moment, because really, that's all we have. Tomorrow will come, as will fresh opportunities. Let go of yesterday, forget about next week, and rejoice in the Now! Trust me, it will make life a lot easier.

"...God will keep you so happy that you won't have time to worry about each day."
Ecclesiastics 7:5

No comments:

Post a Comment