Saturday, August 11, 2012

One Love


"So, why do you go by the name One Love?", I asked, as we walked over to my car for inspection. He responded, "Because, One Love a blessing," and warmly chuckled. I repeated to myself what he had just said in a low whisper as if it all made sense, I smiled. Right then and there, I knew this would be a very interesting encounter.

We made our way back to his small auto shop garage and briefly discussed prices for a minor repair on my four wheeled creature. But onto the more important stuff...

Following this conversation, he grabbed a book that bore great character. The original book being published in 1925, I could see the age and perfection of a book that has been read many times before. The faded blue hardcover with yellowing pages, were all a grand introduction to the golden etched title, "The Law of Success". It was quite apparent how appreciative One Love was to have such a book in his possession as he held it close to his chest upon presenting it to me. I could tell he couldn't wait to share with me.

He took a seat at his small square desk and began to skim through the pages. I asked if I could take a peek and stumbled across a message that stuck out like a sore thumb. "Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait, the grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will, and energy to execute your ideas." (Henry Ford)

Isn't it so important to carry enthusiasm wherever we go. It is this characteristic which enables us to stay motivated and moving, carrying us forward towards our desires and goals. When we forget what it is we are striving for, maybe we should take a moment to reflect on the beginnings of our journey toward a specific goal, to picture a moment when we had the brightest sparkles in our eyes, for that sparkle is the sheerest sign of success.

When that sparkle is reignited I like to believe it is our inner light shining outward, allowing us to harmonize with the Universe. The sparkle in One Love's eyes gave me comfort and confidence that we can all be successful if we believe in ourselves.

Transform. Transgress. Truly express the Oneness that we all share. We are One Love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment