Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Art of Happiness

I am not perfect, I am not an angel, I am not a saint. I am a human, constantly stirred by my emotions. The ups and downs that carry me through life are like the valleys and rivers of a mountain range. When I overcome one hill, standing atop, I am only led to realize that there are going to be many more downhill treks before I am to reach my next height. And when I climb the next hill, I am stronger, greater than I was before. But, sometimes when I am standing tall, surrounded by distant obstacles and past trails, I become overwhelmed with the sight before me.

How many times have you reached you're desired destination, only to find that you have many more miles to go? We humans have the tendency to think that when all is falling into place, nothing may go wrong. For me, when circumstances work in my favor, I become overjoyed with gratitude and contentment, yet it is times like these that sometimes pave way for my destruction.

When I am standing on the top of my world, often I forget to see the things that could cause distraction from furthering my goals. And when I let my guard down, this is when I am vulnerable to attacks, whether it be my own mind or an outsiders aggression.

Yet, a midst times like these, I know what I must do to persevere, and then again it is times like these, that it is so hard for me to listen to my own advice... staying true to myself is what I must always do to make it back to the top, however distant the travel.

We all struggle, we all strive, we all want to be apart of something greater then ourselves. We all yearn to live our dreams. And in order to pursue such aspirations, we must always know that happiness is an intangible gift, only given from ourselves to ourselves. I learned the hard way, that investing happiness in another being, is like walking on a pirate's plank. Teetering at the edge of a tiny surface, I could have dropped at any moment, with no ground in sight. And when I realized that happiness is what comes from the inside, I was at peace.

The art of happiness is a creation of the soul, pouring from the inside, out into the Universe. Overflowing with love, happiness is a signature of bliss, of peace, of euphoria. It is the laughter that floods our mouths, the smiles that burn our cheeks, and  the eyes of a dreamer, a dreamer who walks the valleys and crosses the rivers without giving up hope, the dreamer who pursues her goals, trying not to look back, eyes forward. I am a dreamer destined to climb to the highest mountain peak, and when I am standing atop, I will cherish the happiness that will consume me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Stephanie,

    You have a beautiful, open, and clear gift of expressing your thoughts, and feelings into words. -Very inspiring.

    On the topic of 'The Art of Happiness' it reminds me that happiness is an art form - full of creative energy. And, that life is also quite slippery. When we think we've got it, and we hold on to it with a tight grip, it slips right out of our hands.

    Thank you for sharing your blog with me ~

    Rei

    ReplyDelete